Important Predictors of Success
Although there are many predictors of success, psychologists deem the following as key predictors to achieving goals.
- Positive thinking
- Managing emotions
Years ago, school psychologists believed that IQ, GPA, grades, and test scores were the greatest predictors of success. Guess what? We were wrong! We now know that our ability to maintain a positive thought life and our ability to function socially and emotionally—including being able to establish healthy relationships, bounce back from failure, brush off negative feedback, and think highly of our worth—are reliable predictors of success.
Your ability to manage emotions is deemed one of the greatest predictors of success. But guess what? Your thought life, how you think about things and interpret situations, triggers certain kinds of emotions that may be difficult for you to handle, let alone manage. For example, have you ever wondered why you felt a certain way throughout the day, but do not remember why you felt that way? Chances are your feelings were associated with something that you thought about during the course of the day, which made you feel a certain way, which may have determined how you responded to people and your goals.
In order to achieve success in every area of your life, it is important that you train yourself to think positive thoughts and learn to manage your emotions.
Important questions when considering success in every area of your life, success God’s way follow:
Do you struggle with creating positive thoughts throughout the course of the day and week?
- Are you aware of how you make other people feel?
- How well do you respond to failure and setbacks?
- Are you self-aware?
- Do you find it difficult to think positively with all of the chaos going on in the world?
- Do you struggle with establishing or maintaining relationships?
- Are you able to manage yourself when you are frustrated?
- Do you manage your emotions well?
Here is the deal: If you develop the above skills, you will succeed and achieve your goals. If you refuse to develop any of those skills, then you will fail, miserably.
If you remember anything from this site, remember this:
No matter how hard you try to accomplish goals, if you do not develop a positive thought life and are unable to manage your emotions when you experience hardship and setbacks, you may never achieve at your highest potential.
Contact Coach Williams today to see how success coaching may improve your life.
If you have struggled with achieving goals, contact Coach Williams to schedule a free 30-minute coaching session to see how professional coaching will help you go from where you are in your current life to where you desire to be. Coach Williams places great emphases on positive thinking, emotional intelligence, and developing social-emotional skills. Coach Williams uses the following formula to help clients thrive at their highest potential:
INSIGHT x ACTION = Change
Learn today how this formula will help you achieve goals and experience success in every area of your life.
Coach Williams will help you:
- Enhance your thinking to overcome obstacles that interfere with your success
- Boost your ability to bounce back from failure
- Create effective
problem solvingapproaches that interfere with creating goals
- Construct an effective master plan of action based on identified problems
- Identify your purpose in life
- Enhance parenting skills
- Develop and maintain relationship skills
- Enhance and utilize your gifts, talents, and abilities to live a more purposeful life
- Increase your ability to work collaboratively with teachers (for parents who have children in k-12 schools)
- Enhance your knowledge around special education law (for parents who have children with special needs)–and more!
I x A = C
Ready To Get Started?
Contact Dwayne D Williams
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Stay Connected With Coach Williams
Subscribe to our newsletter and get free newsletters and content on how to experience success in every area of your life!